[Zope] URL problems.

Tim Hawes tim.hawes@ncmail.net
Wed, 31 Mar 1999 15:58:38 -0500

Michel Pelletier wrote:

> [...]

Well, the only difference that stuck out to me were the include files for
NSAPI.
nscgi  calls for several, but in 3.x all the header files have been
combined into
one, "nsapi.h". I modified nscgi.c to call for this one header file and it
compiled
cleanly. It does its job very well, and am not all that certain that the
problem I
am having is related to nscgi at all.

> > When I try to add items to the site through the manage screen, I get:
> >
> >         Not Found
> >
> >         The requested object does not exist on this server.
> > The link you
> > followed is either outdated,
> >         inaccurate, or the server has been instructed not to
> > let you have
> > it. Please inform the site
> >         administrator of the referring page.
> >
> > When I open the frame into a new window, I see that the URL looks
> > something like:
> >
> > http://www.foo.bar.net/Zope/GATE/manage/.?%3Amethod=manage_add
> > DTMLDocumentForm
> >
> > When I edit the URL by hand to remove the "."
> >

> This is unreported behavior, which leads me to think that nscgiauth
> needs a little tweaking.  As nscgiauth is unsuported you will have to
> experiment with this a little.
>
> >http://www.foo.bar.net/Zope/GATE/manage/?%3Amethod=manage_addDTMLDocume
> ntForm
>
> >It works fine. What is going on here, and what do I need to do to
> change
> >it? I plan on having other people from other departments access
> resourses
> >on Zope to create their own objects, and I need this to work right out
> of
> >the box.
>
> If your looking to showcase this and you can't spend any time working on
> nscgiauth, I would suggest using either Apache, ZServer, ZopeHTTPServer,
> or IIS, all of which Zope runs out of the box with.

Well, I am a contractor and really don't have that option. I have tried to
sell the idea of using Apache here, but they have already bought massively
into Netscape. If I cannot get Zope to work, I may end up recommending a
commercial package, at least for this case.