[Zope] Zope and Python 1.5.2

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Sat, 1 May 1999 09:46:34 -0400

What glaring incompatibilities it does have are trivial, however we
don't have the time or resources right now to do a full study before the
Linux Expo.  FYI, all current testing (meaning what's in CVS, aka 1.11)
is done against 1.5.1.

We *will* be making the transition to 1.5.2 over the next couple months
when we can make a full resource evaluation of the issues involved.
Considering the size of Zope, there are many things to check.

It would be helpful if we had the full power of the Zope community to
help us for this rather large but not to technically complicated task.
We have allready recieved a couple of 1.5.2 related bugs in the
collector, but your message makes it sound like you've found a few.  On
Monday, I will add a 1.5.2 catagory to the Collector so that community
members can report bugs specific to the 1.5.2 transition.  Please report
*all* bugs that you find (please check the identical situation against
1.5.1 so that we can be sure it's a 1.5.2 bug) and we will fix them
before release 2.0.    For now however, 1.11 releases will be Python
1.5.1 compatable only.

As allways, patches are very welcome. ;)

-Michel