[Zope] Linux Expo - Community Portals - The future

Hannu Krosing hannu@trust.ee
Sun, 02 May 1999 11:13:47 +0300

Christopher Petrilli wrote:

> > Anyway, as Brian mentioned, we are focusing on search, directory, news,
> > and membership.  Directory isn't getting a lot of attention, although
> > the Catalog provides a bit of directory kinds of organization.
>
> Well, also it depends on what kind of directory you mean.  An LDAP
> interface, where it to exist, would give one access to all kinds of
> interesting information. :-)

Have you checked :

http://www.interlink.com.au/anthony/python/

The pinter by which I found it claims it to be

LDAP support for Zope (includes pickle-able LDAPObject wrapper) (see
also Zope)

The pionter itself is on the page for LDAPmodule for python:

http://www.csee.uq.edu.au/~leonard/dc-prj/ldapmodule/

I can't comment on it yet, as I have not tested it, but it seems like
the thing
you are talking about ;)

Hannu