[Zope] NewsScan- Ultraseek or ZTables

Paul Everitt paul@digicool.com
Mon, 03 May 1999 08:15:08 -0400

Robert O'Connor wrote:
> If the client News-Scan wasn't using the ultraseek server
> could ZTables and some Zope interface do the
> same thing?

Not quite.  Ultraseek includes things such as:

1) A robot.  The Zope-based (using the mythical Catalog) would require
all the objects to be in Zope.  Of course an intrepid programmer could
do something about this...

2) Parsers for things like PDF, Word, etc.

3) Some supersophisticated features needed under ten percent of the time
but which everybody thinks they need :^)

Ultraseek is a pretty sophisticated product which I have a lot of
respect for.

> Ultraseek seems expensive at $1 per document with
> 1000 document minimum and $0.50 per document
> up to 10,000 documents.
> http://software.infoseek.com/products/ultraseek/ultraprice.htm

Tis true...

--Paul