[Zope] ANNOUNCE: Zope 1.11.0pr1

Paul Everitt paul@digicool.com
Wed, 05 May 1999 06:23:01 -0400

Amos Latteier wrote:
> The most exciting new thing is ZClasses, which unfortunately is not yet
> documented. I am working on a ZClasses tutorial at this very moment, and
> hope to release it in the next couple of days.

No, the biggest thing is...the finally-overhauled Zope button!

  http://www.zope.org/Images/powered_by_zope

Seriously, a word of caution on this 1.11pr1 release: be careful out
there.  If you don't have the patience, time, or tenacity, don't even
move your mouse near the hyperlink to download it.

A _serious_ amount of stuff has changed and been added (check out the
Changelog at
http://www.zope.org/Download/Releases/Zope-1.11.0pr1/Changes -- gulp!).
I'd like to make sure we keep expectations in line.

The new features in 1.11 are wonderful, particularly Z Classes.  It's
hard to believe how far the folks here have gone in the 2.5 months since
1.10.2.  Particularly since the focus the last few weeks has been on
what's coming up in the next month (portal toolkit alpha and Zope2
beta).

Since a final Zope2 is likely to be a bit off in the distance, we're
committed to getting a good 1.11 release and making bug fix releases on
it for a while.  Also, Amos and I are trying to focus on improving the
usability and accessibility of Zope (e.g. better error messages) during
the next month.

Special thanks to the contributors, such as Jordan Baker with his try
tag, for pitching in for 1.11.

--Paul