[Zope] Could we migrate Zope email to a news group?

Paul Jackson pj@sam.engr.sgi.com
Thu, 6 May 1999 09:20:13 -0700 (PDT)

opening zope@zope.org, with an email/news coupling, when
he gets time after the linux expo ...

sounds good to me - thanks.

|> I haven't looked at the news hierarchies recently, so i'm not sure
|> offhand where zope would best fit.  comp.infosystems?  Suggestions?

I had a few suggestions in my message that started this
thread.  My favorite is:

	comp.infosystems.www.servers.zope

But I'm no wizard in such matters, so don't put much weight
in this suggestion.

|> My only recent experience with usenet news is comp.lang.python - and
|> though i can't regularly keep up with it, i don't find much to be off
|> topic.

Yes - the python news group is the primary example in my
mind that motivated my suggestion.

I think that it is _important_ that Zope appear in the same
sorts of media as other such software.  Zope is growing up,
and its time we had a booth at the county fair (usenet).

I won't rest till it's the best ...	   Software Production Engineer
Paul Jackson (pj@sgi.com; pj@usa.net) 3x1373 http://sam.engr.sgi.com/pj