[Zope] Z Classes Tutorial: Rough Draft

Jordan B. Baker jbb@spyderlab.com
Fri, 7 May 1999 14:20:00 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Amos:

I just stepped through the tutorial.. its great!

One minor thing to add is how to add the the index_html method to the
ZClass (it doesn't say you need to go into the Methods tab) and also how
you can configure it so that it gets a view tab if you want.

The ZClasses are going to really change a lot of things with how most
Zope projects are implemented I would think.  One issue I'm interested in
that you'll probably address fairly soon is how to migrate existing code
to the ZClasses framework.  I would assume you can place External Methods
into the Methods area of the ZClass?

The interface is a little clunky in places ie. how do you make a view be
the second in the list instead of the first? Also, how do you control the
order that the item appears in the Add object dropdown?

Anyway from the CVS checkin reports I can see these kinds of issues are
being looked already!

Amazinly Zopalicious!

-------
Jordan B. Baker -- jbb@spyderlab.com