[Zope] Zope 1.11 timeouts with IE 5.0

Hannu Krosing hannu@trust.ee
Sun, 09 May 1999 13:49:12 +0300

Brad Clements wrote:

> On 9 May 99, at 1:16, Tom Deprez wrote:
>

> > Yes, others and I experienced this too. However, when I installed Medusa
> > (delivered with Zope 1.11) everything works just fine.
> >

> Nope, not for me. I see the same problem with ZopeHTTPServer or
> Medusa on win32.
>
> Both IE4 and IE5 don't complete their downloads. This is true even when
> "show pictures" is disabled.

Do you by chance run also MS Proxy server ?

For me it messed up simple CGI script output by changing \n -> \r\n and
not
changing the Content-length: header accordingly.

This resulted in IE4 not getting the whole document and barfing
accordingly
(I had generated Javascript source at the end, invoked bu onLoad=)

NS got the whole document anyway, disregarding the (now broken)
Hannu