[Zope] Zope with MSSQL under Linux?

Tue, 11 May 1999 00:00:35 +1000

>>> Rob Page wrote
> > Has anybody used Zope with MS SQL Server under Linux?
>
> Rumor has it that the Sybase 11.x client for Linux successfully connect
> to the SQL Server 6.5.  I'm not sure about SQL Server 7 (and as I
> recall, neither was the original poster).  Check out the list archives
> to double check.

Rumor - ha! More than just "rumor". Yeah, it works fine against MSSQL 6.5,
it's in regular use by us right now (and will shortly be going into _heavy_
use - ohmiiigawd).

MS changed the wire protocol some between 6.5 and 7.0, so some stuff won't
work. I don't know exactly what.

You might also want to check out http://metalab.unc.edu/freetds/ - a free
reimplementation of the client protocol used by Sybase/MSSQL.

Anthony.