[Zope] Midgard

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Tue, 11 May 1999 10:39:49 -0400

Careful with that Axe, Martijn! ;)  Chris Petrelli brought up the point
just the other day that the ability to quicky and easily add objects to
the 'Add' menu can mean trouble.  It is the opinion of some the add menu
is too big as it is.  I'm sure many of you have sat down at a Windows
machine whose user didnt' organize their start menu very deep, and the
'Programs' menu was pages upon pages of menu options all at the same
depth.  In that particular case, we are talking about user error, but in
this case, it is a limitation of the web pulldown box widget (not really
a limitation of the existing widget, but the lack of a more complex
structured one).

So this will require some thought.  It is all good and cool that we can
create our own objects very quickly now, but it can get out of hand (you
should see my sandbox!)

> Midgard's authentication system is fairly limited. I'd miss
> acquisition!

Wouldn't we all.

-Michel

http://wwwkeys.nl.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xA8A32149