[Zope] Z Classes Question

Ty Sarna tsarna@endicor.com
11 May 1999 20:06:08 GMT

In article <19990510145324.8250.qmail@nw173.netaddress.usa.net>,
Jeff K.Hoffman <jkhoffman@usa.net> wrote:
> Which is navigated to via http://mysite/instance. Why? Because the 'instance'
> folder might be seven levels deep, and I never want the user to know about its
> parents. Its context is always going to be the same
> (/class1/class2/classN/instance). So, I thought, why not use a Z Class?

You could also do something like this with symbolic links. I did an
experimental add-on and patch for zope called Pointer which implements
them. You might want to have a look. Of course, you should not depend on
it for a production project right now, though.

Has anyone (especially DC people) looked at it? Comments?