[Zope] IE5 form entry horror.

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Wed, 12 May 1999 09:50:37 -0400

oooooooooo.

> aiieieieie. One thought that comes to mind is to make the form field
> name be a name with a random bit on the end. (Another thought
> that came
> to mind was to do a drive-by on the local MS office.) Anyway,
> the reason
> for the zope-post is that I'm thinking of hacking the field
> name converting
> so that you can do fieldname:type:end:anything and just finish looking
> for the type name after it hits the 'end' tag.
>
> This is a 3 line patch to ZPublisher/HTTPRequest.py - would it offend
> anyone if it was added?

Not unless you're offending yourself.  You can patch ZPublisher anyway
you want, the question is if it will get into the official product.
This will require much thought on our part, on the one hand it solves
your specific problem and possible solves problems for lots of other
people using that browser, on the other hand, it would be a step of
obfuscation.  Perhaps it could be made a modular solution?

Go ahead and send the patch to the list, I'd be curious to look at it.

-Michel