[Zope] reverse sort

benjamin.ryzman@easynet.fr benjamin.ryzman@easynet.fr
Wed, 12 May 1999 16:27:52 -0000

Hello from a new Zope user!

I'm currently playing with the idea of implementing a sort of Slashdot community in Zope. I've just started DTML scripting and External methods but my experience with python is limited.

I'd like to get a sequence of the DTML Documents in the current Folder *reverse* sorted by an attribute. Is there an easier way to do it than to write an External Method. I find it difficult to believe that the "in" tag gets a "sort" attribute but not an "rsort". Also I cannot use the python reverse() method in an expr since this method reverses in place (and thus returns None).

What I was going to do was:
<!--#in expr="objectValues('DTML Document').reverse()" sort=entered_date-->
which doesn't work.