[Zope] I want to access AUTHENTICATED_USER on all pages.

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Thu, 13 May 1999 02:05:08 -0400

Hmm.  It sounds like your either looking for a placeholder for
AUTHENTICATED_USER or some sort of membership system where your users
identities are tracked (and assigned to AUTHENTICATED_USER), even for
publicly viewable pages. The first one isn't too hard, but not too
useful either:

<!--#unless AUTHENTICATED_USER-->
  <!--#with "_(AUTHENTICATED_USER = YouKnowLikeWhatever())"-->
<!--#/unless-->

(Note: if your using 1.10.2 the _ namespace is not callable, you'll ahve
to say <!--#with "_.namespace(...)"-->)

The membership part is a bit harder.  You might want to wait for us to
release our Membership system which we will be making available Real
Soon Now. (it's based on cookies).

-Michel
(must get sleeeeeeeep)