[Zope] Zope on BSDI

Eric Kidd eric.kidd@pobox.com
Thu, 13 May 1999 08:29:27 -0400

I've just gotten Zope running on a BSDI system. The installation's a
pain, but it seems to run well enough once installed. The trick, as usual,
is to link all the necessary Python modules into a custom interpreter. This
involves some hand-hacking of the Zope and Python builds.

I'll write up more detailed documentation as soon as my current project is
done.

My client will need to run Zope with a statically-linked Python for some
time to come. Would anybody at DC be interested in supporting this
configuration better? If so, I can budget a day to work on this aspect of
Zope.

Cheers,
Eric