[Zope] - ZAP for Win32?

Ross J. Reedstrom reedstrm@wallace.ece.rice.edu
Thu, 13 May 1999 10:12:34 -0500 (CDT)

Martijn (and the rest of you Zopists)-

Did you ever write up these notes on getting Zope running under
Apache-Win32?  I suddenly find myself in desperate need of this
configuration (actually, under Apache/mod_SSL Win32). I've got Apache-SSL
working right, and I can get the Zope welcome screen by using a URL that
goes directly to the cgi-bin directory, but the rewrite has me just about
stumped - I moved my Apache install to get rid of spaces in the pathname,
which at least got Aapche to run.
Now, I get :

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.

Apache/1.3.6 Server at www.nsbri.org Port 443

The Rewrite logs look correct, I think - I get the rewritten path that
I expect. Any ideas? Oh, this is Zope 1.11.0pr1.

Ross

On Thu, 21 Jan 1999 09:47:55 +0100, Martijn Faassen wrote:

> If you install Apache 1.3.4 with the custom installation option (I'm not
> sure if typical does it too) you can install additional modules (as
> .dlls). One of them enables Rewrite Rules! You simply uncomment the line
> in httpd.conf file that tells Apache to use it.
>
> After some fiddling (I'll write a report on this next week, I think) I
> got it all to work. http://<servername>/Zope/ now comes up with Zope.
> Authentication, which I couldn't get to work properly when using
> Apache's (it'd always need a password, even for pages viewable by
> anonymous) now seems to work fine too.

> So I'm happy now. I was already happy anyway, because me-the-Superuser
> had been doing some neat things in a really easy way already, with Zope.
> It's a great product, and has a great developer and user community too!

NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer