[Zope] commercial zope hosting

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Fri, 14 May 1999 15:59:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, Scott

I've been a CodeIt customer for the past couple of
months and have been happy with their service. The
good thing about CodeIt is that these guys grok Zope.
They will actually manage the Zope software for you.
(The downside to this is that you can run experimental
versions of Zope, but you shouldn't be doing that
anyway if you want a reliable site :)  That's the same
story with any managed service.)

I'm not sure if anyone is using Nexusweb for Zope.
Nexusweb doesn't run Apache (I don't remember the name
of the server off the top of my head.) So, there may
be some hacking involved in getting Zope running
there.

That's one other plus to CodeIt's setup. Since they
are offering *Zope Hosting* in particular, they may be
able to offer ZServer in the future. So, you'll be
able to FTP into your ZODB, and you remove all CGI
overhead.

As far as things taking off for Zope in the past
month, I think that's largely because the DC guys have
been *really* busy gearing up for Linux Expo. There's
a lot going on.

Kevin