[Zope] ZClass hitCounter

Howard Clinton Shaw III shawh@sths.org
Sat, 15 May 1999 13:13:27 -0500

On Sat, 15 May 1999, Tom Deprez wrote:
> Dummy me!
>
> I found the problem... I was putting a 'inc' DTML method in the product
> 'pHitCounter', instead of in it's class 'cHitCounter'.
>
> Shawn, no, I don't need a counter yet. I was really trying ZClasses out by
> creating a HitCounter... I came on the idea when viewing the DTML-demos.
>
> Q : Is this scenario possible :
>
> Is it possible to show a piece of a picture on a form? I.e. you've a picture
> in Zope and you want to copy a rectangular part from this picture so you can
> show it somewhere else (only that piece).

I don't believe there is any way to do this through HTML or DTML, but certainly
you could use the PIL (Python Imaging Library) to manipulate an image in an
external method.

This would basically have to be an external method which takes the parameters
and is called from a properly constructed img tag, and returns straight gif
code.  The hard part would be making sure that the img tag passed the necessary
information in. I don't know off hand, can an img tag include a query? If so,
that'll do the job, otherwise you would have to figure out how SQL Methods do
direct URL traversal and mimic it to hide the necessary information in the
address portion of the URL.