[Zope] setting passwords

Howard Clinton Shaw III shawh@sths.org
Sat, 15 May 1999 15:07:35 -0500

On Sat, 15 May 1999, Bill Randle wrote:
> Is there an alternate way to set user passwords - other than the standard
> web acl_users management interface?
>
> I kept wondering why I never saw a box to set the user password, then I
> finally discovered it was because I'm accessing the management interface
> from a remote system (i.e. not the system Zope is installed on). The web
> server box Zope is installed on does not have an operating X server, so
> even if I physically went to that machine, I still couldn't fire up
> Netscape to set the passwords.

Not sure what you're problem is here. I can set passwords from any netscape.
Whether it is running on the actual server doesn't seem relevant. But as for
being able to run netscape, you can use the management interface through Lynx,
you just have to work around the lack of frames. For that matter, if you have
an X capable box, you can run Netscape on the server and redirect the X
display to whereever you are. I just can seem to figure out why that would have
anything to do with being able to set user passwords!