[Zope] setting passwords

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Sat, 15 May 1999 17:11:51 -0400

Howard wrote:
> Bill wrote:
> > I kept wondering why I never saw a box to set the user
> password, then I
> > finally discovered it was because I'm accessing the
> management interface
> > from a remote system (i.e. not the system Zope is installed
> on). The web
> > server box Zope is installed on does not have an operating
> X server, so
> > even if I physically went to that machine, I still couldn't fire up
> > Netscape to set the passwords.
>
> Not sure what you're problem is here. I can set passwords
> from any netscape.

I _think_ this might mean the server is using .htpasswd for the
passwords.  Zope has a hack, created for folks that just can't get their
web server to pass along authentication information, to let the web
server handle authentication.

If that mode is on, it might be the reason you can't set the password.

Sorry I'm not more helpful :^(

--Paul