[Zope] Deleting an Object through a link

Jordan B. Baker jbb@spyderlab.com
Mon, 17 May 1999 13:00:10 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 17 May 1999, Alexander Schad wrote:

> It worked!
> My next problem is that when i deleted a house i want to get to a certain
> URL. But i always get to the Folder where i deleted the Object.
> Alex

Hi Alex:

This is kind of an answer to your previous question as well.

I think that while encoding your command into the URL works you're not
going to be happy with it because it will always take you to the manage
screen.

What I've done before is create a document called deleteResult for example
which will contain the DTML commands to actually delete the object. ie:

<!--#call "manage_deleteObject(REQUEST['objToDelete'])"-->
<h1>The object was deleted</h1>

This way you can hide the management interface from users if you want, or
you can redirect to a particular folder after you're done the delete.

Hope this helps,

-------
Jordan B. Baker -- jbb@spyderlab.com
weaving the web @ http://www.spyderlab.com