[Zope] changing user's passwords

Ross J. Reedstrom reedstrm@wallace.ece.rice.edu
Mon, 17 May 1999 18:08:13 -0500 (CDT)

O.k. -
Anybody got a method for letting Zope User's manage their own
passwords? I've got everything else covered (or put off) in my little
project, and now I realize I'm the only one who can set passwords. Don't
want to give everyone manage_users privilige, that's to big and cumbersome.

So, how about it? I suppose it needs an External Method, or something. It'd
be nice if the AUTHENTICATED_USER object had a public interface for this:
something that checked to make sure the current user either had manage_users
privilige in this folder, or was the current user.

Ross

NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer