[Zope] ZServer Problems

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Tue, 18 May 1999 11:51:07 -0400

Tim wrote:
> I  have ZServer up and running on both Solaris 2.6 and Linux.
>
> I can get it to serve pages doing http and pcgi through
> Netscape Enterprise
> Server.
>
> WebDAV works when done through ZServer, but not Enterprise
> Server. I thought
> I had read somewhere that this would work regardless of the
> web server being
> used (but I have not the slightest idea why it should).

I'm not surprised that it doesn't work with Netscape server.  WebDAV to
Zope doesn't actually work with Apache either -- it requires a four line
patch, as Apache intercepts one of WebDAV HTTP method calls.

Fundamentally, Netscape is probably refusing to pass HTTP methods to CGI
scripts.   Just my guess.  This means the Netscape plugin would need to
be modified.

--Paul