[Zope] zope2 startup problem

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Fri, 21 May 1999 08:54:41 +0100

>> Is it anything to do with the way I've compiled up Python by any
>> chance? Anyone who's compiled up Python 1.5.2 under Solaris have any
>> thoughts?
>>

>Have you enabled shared library support during python compilation? Check
>the Modules/Setup file in your Python directory and find a line whith the
>entry:
>*shared*
>
>It should be uncommented.
>
>Pavlos

Pavlos,
many thanks for that piece of advice. However, after uncommenting the
*shared* line, I'm getting *a lot* of failures on 'make test' with
some (test_re for example) actually crashing. :(

If anyone can point me at a site where I can get details on how to
compile up Python 1.5.2 for Solaris I'd be way grateful - I don't
really want to clutter this list. I've scoured www.python.org but
nothing has come up really (and checked out section 3 of the FAQ).

cheers
tone.

------
Dr Tony McDonald,  FMCC, Networked Learning Environments Project
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 222 5888
Fingerprint: 3450 876D FA41 B926 D3DD  F8C3 F2D0 C3B9 8B38 18A2