[Zope] Re: Zope and COM (was: Zope with alternate python)

tgregory@rocketmail.com tgregory@rocketmail.com
Thu, 27 May 1999 15:22:01 -0000

Unfortunately I am using Zope with IIS, not ZopeHTTPServer. My real goal here though is to get COM working with Zope. I have existing python scripts, when run with my own (not Zope's) python installation, which execute properly. Set up as external methods these scripts don't work. I thought about installing the COMObject product, but the instructions suggested the best approach to getting COM to work was to use a "real" python installation. From what I can tell there are three possible solutions: a) Setting up Zope to use my standard Python installation and IIS; b) using ZopeHTTPServer; c) modifying Zope's python installation to contain the correct COM modules. IMO: (a) is best, I could certainly live with (c), but (b) seems unacceptable for a future production environment. Any suggestions?