[Zope] External Methods problem

Dmitry B. Khlonin Dmitry B. Khlonin" <khl@paloma.spbu.ru
Sun, 30 May 1999 16:47:53 +0400

> Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 16:44:54 -0600
> From: Evelyn Mitchell <efm-zope@tummy.com>
> To: zope@zope.org
> Subject: [Zope] External Methods problem
> I'm trying to get my first External Method working.
> <!--#var "SQLTimeDiff(_['startdate'], _['starttime'], _['enddate'],
_['endtime'])" -->
> The error I'm getting is:
> <!--
> Error type:  TypeError
> Error value: read-only character buffer, class
> -->

There's the problem with using data gets from SQL method in external method
using by function 'sqlattr' in my case(I also stranged by it).
f.e.
    try: ob=self.sqlUserQuery(username=user_name2)
    except:
        wr_to_logfile(fileName,'User "%s" Not connected to database.\n' %
user_name2)
        return '/Errors/error0_html'
    if not ob:
        wr_to_logfile(fileName,'No such user("%s"). Not logged in.\n' %
user_name2)
        return '/Errors/error1_html'
    ob2=ob[0]
    user_name = sqlattr(ob2, 'USER_NAME')

if I tried to use user_name then this error has been occured.