[Zope] web store

Graham Chiu anon_emouse@hotmail.com
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 09:11:53 +1200

I'm looking to convert my perl based web store ( which uses flat ascii
files ) to Zope, and am looking for pointers on how to do this.

The perl application uses dynamically generated HTML, and a sessionid
variable which identifies the customer, and this is passed from page to
page.   The shopping basket is saved with the sessionid as a text file
between pages.

I've got to the point on how to access sql tables using Zope, but am
wondering how to do the sessionid bit.  I don't think I need to do
authentication at this stage.

Is there a working webstore type product around?

( I did download the emarket product, but when I tried to add an item to
the basket, it then displayed the dtml to my browser!  Furthermore I
wish to grab the item from a sql table which emarket does not do. )

-------
Regards,        Graham Chiu
gchiu<at>compkarori.co.nz