[Zope] ZServer header and Netscape borwser

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 11:06:39 -0500

> > I installed Zope 2.0.1 for Linux RH 5.2 with python 1.5.2.
> Everything
> > works good, however when I visit the site with Netscape Communicator
> > 4.61. I get to see the HTML source code instead of the page...
>
> I noticed the same thing some time ago..
> Seems like Zope delivers the pages as html/text if they start with
> <HTML>, but uses application/octet-stream when they start with a DTD
>  like
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"
> "http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/loose.dtd"> ) ..
> I am not entirely happy with this, as the standard requires
> me to have a
> DTD, but i have found no other solution than to avoid it alltogether,
> atleast while i am still in a development phase..
> If anyone knows of a solution that allows me to keep the DTD, i'd be
> happy to hear about it...

I've checked in a change for 2.1.0 that will fix this - in the
meantime, you can always use "explicit headers" in your dtml:

<dtml-call "RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-Type', 'text/html')">
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN" ...

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909