[Zope] HTML entity syntax

Phil Harris phil@wigwamweb.net
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 12:50:34 -0000

There is a distinct difference between the &dtml-varname; syntax and the
other more normal way.

The difference is that &dtml-varname; 'escapes' the variable being rendered,
it is therefore useful when creating url's from object name/contents etc.

if you were to try doing a page like this:

&dtml-standard_html_header;
&dtml-page_content;
&dtml-standard_html_footer;

You'll have a surprise as it gets 'escaped' and shows the code in the
browser rather than the rendered version!

HTH

Phil
phil@wigwamweb.net