[Zope] Data.fs filestore limit hit with Zope 2.01 on Linux RH 6.0

Ian Blenke icblenke@2c2.com
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 10:52:27 -0500

Well, it was destined to happen - and so it did.

Using Squishdot, I've managed to hit the 2gb filesize
limitation of Linux ext2. The squishdot posts were
automated to grab headlines from other sites. Over
the past month or so, this has grown very quickly.

I've fought with Reiserfs in the past (only to have
the entire filesystem corrupt itself beyond repair
due to large file limitation). I'm hesitant to
fire up the beta iterations of ext3, and xfs isn't
due out anytime soon. Argh.

Without breaking up the ZODB store into smaller
substores, I'm left with the task of making a
Linux filesystem that can exceed the 2gb file
limit (or patch my kernel to use the ext2 file
limit hack).

Any suggestions?

- Ian C. Blenke <ian@blenke.com> <icblenke@2c2.com>