[Zope] Using Zope without really using it...

Tim Wilson wilson@chemsun.chem.umn.edu
Wed, 3 Nov 1999 20:03:50 -0600 (CST)

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering about the feasibility of using ZServer's FTP capabilities
and the new SiteAccess product to do virtual hosting on our school's Web
site. Currently, everything but the main District page is being served
from Apache with virtual hosting, a virtual host for each building.

I know that I can use Netscape Composer and upload files to Zope. But what
if someone is working on a page, has no understanding of Zope, and no
desire to learn it. Would ZServer be a good solution for old-style static
HTML pages contained in the ZODB? For example, could I tell a 4th grade
teacher to send her site to ftp://schoolname.k12.mn.us/staff/teachername/
and have it work OK?

Is there any reason that ZServer wouldn't play nice with any of the other
WYSIWYG Web page editors out there?

-Tim

--
Timothy Wilson       | "The faster you  |  Check out:
Henry Sibley H.S.    |  go, the shorter | http://slashdot.org/