[Zope] graphics on the fly

Andrew andrew@apl-software.com
4 Nov 1999 21:44:39 -0000

Ulrich Wisser <u.wisser@luna-park.de> said:

> Hi,
>
> is there a Zope (or Python) Interface to GD? I need to
> make graphics as dynamic objects. The data will be
> stored in a SQL datbase and from there I will have to
> make a bar/pie/line chart out of it.
>
> I know how to do it in Perl (<- forgive me :).
> Is there an object or library to do it in Zope/Python?

Download and install the poll product from the Zope.org website.
This product uses PIL, the Python Imaging Library, available at:
http://www.pythonware.com/
The poll product describes how to "packagize" the PIL library so
that its available in Zope.

This is the easiest way to get up to speed on dynamic graphics.

Drew