[Zope] Zope newbie help with Linux install

Cimarelli, Stephen stephen.cimarelli@nwhcn.org.au
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 16:35:54 +1100

I had the same problem with Redhat61 and Apache and with the Zserver
In the /var/zope/access I changed the localhost to the actual machine name.
in my case
redhat61.home.org.au and check the /etc/hosts file the one that redhat61
sets up
seemed a little strange. This fixed the problem with Zserver I have not
tried Apache yet.

RedHat61 seems to have a few bugs it took me ages to get sound to work with
KDE

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of Paul
Grunwald
Sent: Friday, November 05, 1999 4:02 PM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] Zope newbie help with Linux install

I have installed Jeff Rush's rpms (-5 version) for RedHat Linux 6.1.  I
installed pcgi and made the changes in Apache's access.conf.  I always fail
authentication when trying to get to the manage screen.  I have tried
changing permissions in /var/zope to 'nobody' and removing the 'localhost'
in the /var/zope/access file.

I'm sure I'm missing something simple - anyone have the magic incantation to
get this working?

Thanks,
P.