[Zope] Trouble starting ZServer

Timothy Fairlie fairlie@rider.edu
Fri, 05 Nov 1999 14:04:30 -0500

Hello all,

I am extremely new at playing with Zope and Python (just installed both
today)

Although the install seemed to go well, with no errors, I am having
trouble getting the Zserver to start using the shell script. I am
running Zope 2.0.1, Python1.5.2 on Digital Unix 4.0D.

When running the "start" script, I get the following errors, repeated
over and over, any help as to where to look would be greatly appreciated

Here are the errors:
-------------------------
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "z2.py", line 375, in ?
    exec "import "+MODULE in {}
  File "<string>", line 1, in ?
  File
"/usr/users/fairlie/zope/Zope-2.0.1-src/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py",
lin
e 109, in ?
    DB=ZODB.FileStorage.FileStorage(Globals.BobobaseName)
  File
"/usr/users/fairlie/zope/Zope-2.0.1-src/lib/python/ZODB/FileStorage.py",

line 258, in __init__
    lock_file(f)
  File
"/usr/users/fairlie/zope/Zope-2.0.1-src/lib/python/ZODB/lock_file.py",
li
ne 101, in lock_file
    raise error, (
ZODB.POSException.StorageSystemError: Could not lock the database file.
There m
ust be
another process that has opened the file.

At this point, it pauses and repeats the same errors.

T..
--
Timothy J. Fairlie
Manager