[Zope] Oracle access from Zope

Stuart 'Zen' Bishop zen@cs.rmit.edu.au
Sun, 7 Nov 1999 13:51:53 +1100 (EST)

On Sat, 6 Nov 1999, Németh Miklós wrote:

> I am evaluating Zope, and I would like to know if there is a Zope
> database driver for Oracle?

Yes - ZOracleDA is available on zope.org

> Is there a documentation about the services of this driver?

It uses DCOracle (the DC standing for Digital Creations, who also
wrote Zope and ZOracleDA). I gather from your email to the python
DB-SIG list that you have already looked into this interface, so
this should alswer the rest of your questions.

Note that ZOracleDA doesn't really give you any services, or access
to DCOracle or Oracle direct - it is mearly an adaptor for the
ZSQL interface so you should go over the ZSQL guide available
at http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Guides

 ___
   //     Zen (alias Stuart Bishop)     Work: zen@cs.rmit.edu.au
  // E N  Senior Systems Alchemist      Play: zen@shangri-la.dropbear.id.au