[Zope] Nesting <dtml-in>

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Sun, 7 Nov 1999 08:37:32 -0600

On Fri, 05 Nov 1999, David S. Harrison wrote:
> Is it possible to nest <dtml-in> constructs such that the inner
> structure still has access to the data in the outer structure?
> My reading of the DTML guide seems to indicate that the answer
> is no.  It appears that the name of the item for iteration
> is "sequence-item" at all levels.

I think, please someone correct me if I am wrong, that you can do nested
dtml-ins. If you items a have a vasriable name associated with it, you can use
the variable name to refer to things instead of *-item.
I think I used that before. But because of how the namespaces are looked up
that should definately work.
Remember, if you have a query and you query for the column  called "name" theb
you can refer in the dtml-in statement to the returned values as
"sequence-items" or "name"

I think that should help you out.

regards,
stephan.