[Zope] Exception ThreadLock.error: 'release unlocked lock'

Teemu Yli-Elsilä tylielsi@oamk.fi
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 01:53:28 +0200 (EET)

Hello Zope experts,

First of all I must thank everyone involved in the Zope development effort
for a fantastic system. Thank you so much! It seems I've become a Zope
evangelist in the company I work for, and not entirely without success
even :)

Now, after playing a bit with Zope, I decided to use it as a base for two
separate projects. I seem to be having problems (ZODB corruption, I'm
afraid) with both of these setups.

The first one was found to be due to the partition where zope/var resides
becoming full (although there was no other indication of this problem than
weird corruption of objects to a point where they can't even be removed
anymore). This was on Zope 2.0.0 binary release on Debian 2.1.

My real problem is my recent install of Zope 2.0.1 from the binary tarball
onto another server running Red Hat 6.0. I use SOLID RDBMS with jrush's
ZODBCDA. I have a top-level UserDb handling all access control from my
custom user info table (has the four standard fields, but others too).  I
made a snapshot from my home system (which seems to work fine) and
imported it into the production server (SOLID tools for SQL data and Zope
Export for DTML and SQL methods). Things seemed to work fine for a few
hours, but soon I could not log in to the system anymore (traceback showed
a cookie/LoginRequired related error), I just kept getting the UserDb
login page. Restarting Zope helped.  The thing that worries me is that
from the console where I start Zope from manually, I get this error e.g.
whenever I refresh the management interface:

Exception ThreadLock.error: 'release unlocked lock' in <method
Transaction.__del__ of Transaction instance at 8529f20> ignored
Exception ThreadLock.error: 'release unlocked lock' in <method
Transaction.__del__ of Transaction instance at 8539ed0> ignored
Exception ThreadLock.error: 'release unlocked lock' in <method
Transaction.__del__ of Transaction instance at 850eb68> ignored

...etc, with just the address changing every time. Is this the reason to
the login problem I saw? Does this mean that ZODB corruption might be
occurring?

I have no knowledge as to the innards of Zope. What should I think of
this/what can I do to fix it?

Finally, I apologize but I'd like to ask you to please cc any answers
directly to me as well, as I am not subscribed to this list.

Thank you in advance for any help,

--
Teemu Yli-Elsila
Oulu, Finland