[Zope] [newbie] building DC Oracle

Németh Miklós nemeth@iqsoft.hu
Mon, 08 Nov 1999 22:47:14 +0100

Maarten Slaets wrote:

> hi,
> im trying to build the DC Oracle thing (needed for ZOracleDA), but
> apparently it needs to know where (on the same system) oracle is installed.
> what do i do if the oracle is installed on another system? i think this is a
> common thing, no?
> --
> Maarten Slaets
> Web Developer
> KPNQwest Belgium
> http://www.fonky.com/vcard/MaartenSlaets/

What system are you using? Some days ago I installed successfully DCOracle on
my RedHat 6.0 system with an Oracle 8.0.5.
If you have a Linux system you may not have an SQL*Client, you should install
an entire Oracle server just to have the client library files.
If you want you may manually copy the necessary files from the Oracle
distribution CD, but I have never done this. This may not be very complex, if
you are good at compiling and linking C programs/libraries.

I may help you, if you want,

Miklos Nemeth