[Zope] Virtual hosting with ZServer

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Tue, 09 Nov 1999 11:58:30 +0100

At 11:32 09/11/99 , Steen Suder wrote:
>Martijn Pieters skriver:
>
> > At 10:40 09/11/99 , Francois-Regis CHALAOUX wrote:
> > >How is it possible to setup virtualhosting with ZServer?
> >

> > No, you'll need Apache, or some other webserver for that.
> >

>Sorry for intruding into someone else's thread, but I'm in the same
>situation.
>
>We have a lot of virtual hosts on our main server.
>Examples:
>stats.dom, news.dom, admin.dom, mail.dom, info.dom, usenet.dom and so on.
>
>I'm in the process of moving these sites to Zope with Apache in front.
>
>Do I "just" put rewrite rules in every VirtualHost and redirect to /admin,
>/news, /stats and so on in Zope?

No, you'll run into trouble with Zope's need to have sites starting at it's
root Folder. People are working on work-arounds for this. One way that
seems to work for people is Evan Simpson's SiteAccess product:

   http://www.zope.org/Members/4am/SiteAccess

It's release information will tell you how it can be used.

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer