[Zope] ZPyGreSQL error, pg.error, cache lookup failed -- resolved

Ross J. Reedstrom reedstrm@wallace.ece.rice.edu
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 10:18:02 -0600

On Mon, Nov 08, 1999 at 05:00:29PM -0700, Bruce Elrick wrote:
> This message is for posterity (for people who run into this problem and search
> through the Zope mailing list archives).

> http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope/1999-October/012655.html
>
> about this error in relation to the ZPyGreSQL Database Adapter
> <!--
>  Error type:  pg.error
>  Error value: ERROR:  fmgr_info: function 21121: cache lookup failed
>  -->
>
> Ross Reedstrom, author of ZPyGreSQL responded with this message:
> http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope/1999-October/012868.html

Just wanted to make sure that credit goes to Maury Davis, as the principle
author of the ZPyGreSQLDA (and to D'Arcy J.M. Cain, as the author of
PyGreSQL). All I did was a little hacking to make it pseudo-thread safe, and
drop the next point release of PyGreSQL into it.

Ross

P.S. Although I _did_ recognize that that error was coming from the backend,
not Zope or Python related at all ;->
NSBRI Research Scientist/Programmer