[Zope] Jon Udell (Byte) on Linux/ODBC and MySQLDA difficulties

Karl Fast Karl Fast <karl.fast@pobox.com>
Tue, 9 Nov 1999 10:54:14 -0600

> wow...I feel a whole lot better about myself after reading that Jon
> Udell had difficulties linking Zope to MySQL on Linux ;) His experience
> sounds a lot like mine, except I was eventually able to get it working.
> yay !

So just what is the state of MySQL and Zope?

I know from lurking on the lists that MySQL's lack of transaction support
doesn't make it very popular with some people, but one heck of a lot of
people swear by it. I know more people who use MySQL than use PostgreSQL.
Lack of strong MySQL support in Zope is a definite weak spot IMHO.

Or am I totally out to lunch here.

karl

Karl Fast