[Zope] Help! Connextions...

Denny Valliant valliant@unm.edu
Tue, 09 Nov 1999 11:26:30 -0700

Hello all.  I am in need of some help.  I recently got the privilege of
taking over a zope database, and while I have been keeping it running for a
while... I finally decided to upgrade to zope 2, and I got the old database
converted, no prob, but when I try to run stuff from it it gives me a no
datavase connection error.  I see this broken object that used to be my
database connection.  Now, in zope2, I get this message that says "this
object is broken because the ZODBCDA product that created it is no longer
installed or is installed incorrectly. Please contact your product vendor
for assistance."
    Now I perused the docs, and I saw a thing that said in the new version
of zope you call a connection to the database each time... or some such..
and I know it has something to do with this but as to what: I DONT KNOW!
Any help would be *greatly* appreciated.
Especially if its a simple answer like "just click on the FIXIT button, ya
dork! Its right in front of yer face!"
=)

"Thanks for yer time!" -Den

-ps if you don't know the answer, or its too long to type, just a referral
as to where I could find it would be mucho coolo.