[Zope] What about Postgresql as a viable database?

Stuart 'Zen' Bishop zen@cs.rmit.edu.au
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 16:44:50 +1100 (EST)

On Tue, 9 Nov 1999, Geoff Nordli wrote:

> Are you saying that it is unstable?
>
> I have always perceived that it was a rock solid product, but
> I have never worked with it in a production environment.

My experience of PostgreSQL was to compile it, install it, create
a few users and create startup scripts for machine reboots. That
was about 6 months ago now - absolutly zero problem reports from
the staff using it for development. Which is good as I get to
ignore it totally and get back to real work using Oracle :-)

My impression was PostgreSQL was that its main acceptance problem
was lack of marketing. If I had to ship a product tied to an
no-cost RDBMS I'd go with PostgreSQL or possibly Gadfly (havn't looked
into its feature set).

 ___
   //     Zen (alias Stuart Bishop)     Work: zen@cs.rmit.edu.au
  // E N  Senior Systems Alchemist      Play: zen@shangri-la.dropbear.id.au