[Zope] DTML Syntax contd. + rant

Oliver Frommel oliver@aec.at
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 14:58:44 +0100 (CET)

> What I don't understand is why this occurs; perhaps this is because the
> with tag only works with ObjectManagers (folders) and not with other
> objects? But this isn't documented anywhere.

I thought that (maybe) it has to do with the use of the title methods (I
think i read that somewhere else in the docs, similar to the DTML ref:
"title_or_id and
title_and_id methods are applied to the folder containing the document. The
example illustrates the use of var tags to insert the results of method calls.
The variables document_id and document_title simply return the id and title of the document.")

but then, when I use this piece of code I get only the title of folder A:

<dtml-with A>
 <dtml-var title><br>
 <dtml-with B>
  <dtml-var document_title>