[Zope] Summary of DB Discussion

Karl Fast Karl Fast <karl.fast@pobox.com>
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 14:40:14 -0600

> >That's the kicker.  If you don't have rollback, how can you call it a
> >transaction???  Seems to me, that to work with Zope, you need to be able to
> >roll back the transaction if anything on the Zope side fails.
>
> They have stated that the last entry is a mistake. It should be removed.

When I read that I thought, hey, this is wierd. Why bother with transactions
and not rollbacks. Then I wondered if maybe it was a mistake and they hadn't
updated the page.

So transactions and rollbacks are high on their list then. That shouldn't be
a big surprise since it's definitely the biggest complaint people have about
it.

thanks for the info....

Karl Fast