[Zope] ZSERVER, THREADS, PERFORMANCE & FUTURE PERFORMANCE

Hannu Krosing hannu@tm.ee
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 22:23:15 +0200

Christopher Petrilli wrote:

> On 11/11/99 2:36 PM, Hannu Krosing at hannu@tm.ee wrote:
>
> > I have just tested an out-of box apache 1.3.9 with a page of ~18kb
> > and an out-of-box zope 2.0.1 server with 1.2 kb zope opening page
> > on an IBM NetFinity 5500 M20, dual Pentium III/500MHz with the
> > following results:
>
> This looks like regular Apache, not serverlets, not Java.  Was this backed
> by a Java interpreter?

No, its just regular Apache, given for reference of what can be achieved.

I should have been more clear about this.

I also tested zope on returning DTML formatted simple sql query results
from a postgreSQL DB -
when using a dummy query like [select 'a' as a]

i got about 25 rps

when selecting ~20 rows from a 700 row table it went down to 12 rps

when iterating ofer a plain list instead of the query it was about
29 rps

Hannu