[Zope] Zope database on a relational DB [Q]

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.msrc.sunysb.edu
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 12:46:31 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, Bruno Mattarollo wrote:

> Hello.
>
>     Is it possible to store the Zope database (Data.fs) into a relational one? For example an Oracle 8i? Would that be possible in the future? I mean, since you can export an object into XML and this is been integrated quite well (my opinion only) into Oracle 8i, it can be done, no?

The Storage Part of ZODB is abstracted out of ZODB (as well as the rest of
the components). It was done so as to enable different storage backends to
ZODB. I suggest you take a look in the ZODB directory at the different
example Storage modules provided. I have no idea how easy it would be to
use Oracle as backend, but if you don't require versions I expect it would
be manageable.

Pavlos