[Zope] Acquisition problem

Tim Haines tim_haines@hotmail.com
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 18:13:06 -0000

Hi there,

I'm having a problem with acquisition.  This may have been covered before,
but searching through the 2000 messages I have, I didn't find it.

My problem basically involves the acquisition process not traversing the
namespace all the way up once it has found a "semi-match".  For example:

I have the follow folder structure:

/
   index_html
   show_images
   /images
       bob  <image object>
       henry <image object>
   /subfolderhenry
       index_html
       /images
           henry  <image object>

My /index_html uses show_images to display /images/bob and /images/henry

I want my /subfolderhenry/index_html to use show_images to show /images/bob
and /subfolderhenry/images/henry.

When /subfolderhenry/index_html is rendered, the acquisition method goes
looking for <dtml-var images/bob>.  What seems to be happening is that it
looks in /subfolderhenry/images and doesn't find bob.  The problem is that
it returns an error instead of moving up the tree to look in /images (where
it would find bob).

Am I mis-understanding the way acquisition should work, or is this a
problem?

As a work-around I can drop the images directories, and host the images in
the actual directories.  Not a great solution though.

I look forward to your reply.  Please reply to mailto:tim_haines@hotmail.com
aswell as to the list

Tim.