[Zope] Zope on BeOS

Jeffrey P Shell jeffrey@Digicool.com
Fri, 12 Nov 1999 15:22:00 -0500

on 11/12/99 9:10 AM, Christopher Heschong at chris@wireco.net wrote:

> I'm an avid BeOS user, and I thought I'd point out a few cross-platform
> issues with Zope's web interface:
>
> Under NetPositive (the BeOS web browser), the management interface acts
> as "view."  What I mean by that is if I click on a folder (whatever/
> manage_workspace) it redirects to the index_html file.  If I manually
> type in whatever/manage_main, I can get there, but this is not
> automatic.  Is this because NetPositive doesn't understand Javascript?

I imagine this has to do with the authentication machinery.  I've noticed
this behaviour on other browsers that are not IE or Communicator (such as
OmniWeb on MacOS X Server, iCab on MacOS 8/9).  The machinery to draw the
tabs and go to "manage_workspace" (the link in the navigation (folder)
frame) uses the Authentication info to go to the first tab viewable by the
authenticated user.  (I think.  It's not an area of the system I'm terribly
familier with).

Zope will very likely compile on BeOS *without* PCGI.  That looks like a
similar traceback to what I got on MacOS X Server the first time I tried to
compile.  (There were some other issues on Mac OS X Server that I had to
resolve such as dynamic libraries, the solutions of which I'm not terribly
comfortable with (and I have never gotten a good answer about)).

--
Jeffrey P Shell, jeffrey@Digicool.com
http://www.zope.org/