[Zope] What to buy for cheap Zope host?

tommy_b@my-deja.com
Sun, 14 Nov 1999 17:09:11 -0800

Hello everyone!
I'm building a computer to train & test Zope.  I hope to use PostgreSQL or MySQL for storing a good-sized database.  Zope would be used for allowing users to enter data & for output of formated querries.

I wish to spend no more than $700 on this new computer I'm building (not including sound & video card + monitor).  What should I spend the most money on, CPU, memory, HD, or a balance?

I'm leaning towards a PPGA Celeron 366 (possibly overclocked), buying a 128MB stick of P100 RAM, and the fastest ATA drive $120 can buy.  Is this the right direction?  Ram's rather expencive now, or else I'd get 256MB right away.

thanks for your time.